VALLEY CENTER REC
The City of Valley Center has worked with our hired design consultant to develop the plans for the renovation of Lions Park Aquatic Center and the new Valley Center Recreation/Aquatic Center. As the design developed, Valley Center Rec received design input from through a community wide survey. Nearly 100 survey responses were received. This was used to assist in creating a space that could be best used by all members of the community. Schaefer Architecture reviewed the 2020 Swimming Pool and Recreation Survey results, developed an updated program of spaces, established the square footage needed, and created a masterplan vision. The new recreation/Aquatic Center is planned to be just north of the middle school, allowing some shared use of the facility by the school district’s swim team. The goal is to commence construction of Phase 1 for the Recreation/Aquatic Center in late spring of 2023. Within this document you will find the site plan, floor layout, and both exterior and interior renderings of the proposed recreation and aquatic facility.
The masterplan program for the Recreation/Aquatic Center includes the following:
• a combination indoor pool facility with 6 lane competition pool and diving well • an indoor zero-entry leisure and family pool
• men’s and women’s lockers • family locker
• Sauna • running/walking track
• fitness machines and dead weights area • multipurpose studio
• competition sized gym with portable bleachers • child center with outdoor play area
• outdoor aquatic facility (Phase 2) • main entry lobby, administrative offices and check in desk
Check out this virtual tour of the NEW Valley Center Aquatic & Recreation Complex set to break ground in August 2023! This Sales Tax Project was approved by the voters in Nov. 2020. Information is attached as well as links below:
If the video above does not work, follow this link to the City YouTube channel: Virtual Tour - https://youtu.be/5relznjwYEM
Follow this link to read the full brochure in its entirety: Valley Center Aquatic & Recreation Complex Brochure!
Clicking on the pictures below will open them in full screen!