The Public Works Director and employees implement projects as directed by the City Council
and City Administrator
. The Public Works Department is also responsible for:
- Consulting with engineers, State and County Officials
- The Annual Street Program
- CIP and Budget: Prepares and monitors all departments
- Mapping: Prepares, updates, and prints maps
- Major purchases for each department and major equipment repairs
- Review contractor work on sewer, water and right-a-way work in accordance to City Standards.
- State and federal regulations monitored and implemented.
The Public Works department provides the resources to efficiently manage and maintain programs, services and facilities that are vital to the community's health, safety and welfare such as streets and traffic control devices; storm drainage and flood protection systems; infrastructure for our water and wastewater system.