Park & Tree Board
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 7:00 pm at City Hall 121 S. Meridian
- Once a month (usually the second Tuesday of the month)
- For notification of an upcoming meeting please call (316) 755-7320 or e-mail to
- The Park and Tree Board serves as a combined board operated by the same members.
- Amy Edwards
- Jerry Hawkins
- Larry Hoetmer
- Kyle Schaffer
- Robert Wilson
- Wes Karst
- Mike Duron
- Mary Moon
- Jim Spencer
- Roger Stewart (Chairman)
- Neal Owings (Park Superintendent, Staff Representative)
The Valley Center Park and Tree Board is an Advisory Board appointed by the Mayor and approved by City Council to serve and advise the community on issues and projects pertaining to city parks, open space, and urban forest.
Membership terms are 2 years. The Park Superintendent serves as City Staff Liaison.
What we do
The Valley Center Park and Tree Board has made great strides these last few years with the development of, and completion of an Urban Forest Management Plan and Master Park Plan to serve as standards and identify long-range goals for our community.
Additionally, some of the recent improvements that we’ve had influence in seeing added to the Park System include: Completion of the first phase at Arrowhead Park, including play equipment and landscape grading; a nine-hole disc golf course, a splash pad and sledding hill at McLaughlin Park, water slides, a climbing wall, and other pool amenities, as well as over 200 trees and shrubs around the City.