Payment options

Pay your bill online
Bank draft - (Draft will occur around the 10th of every month)
Payment drop box on the North side of City Hall
Pay by phone with your VISA or MASTERCARD at 316-755-7310

Moving to Valley Center?

For New Service 

New residents can come into City Hall, or fill out the appropriate paperwork online and email it to the utility clerk. There is a $42.55 setup fee that can be collected over the phone if the form is submitted online ($25.00 for account setup and $17.55 trash fee). If your water needs to be turned on, arrangements will be made during a time when you or a representative can be present. 

New Citizen Form

To Transfer Service

If you have a current utility account with the City and are moving to a different residence within the corporate City limits, you will need to come to City Hall, fill out the appropriate paperwork, and pay a $15.00 service fee for transferring service. If water needs to be turned on at the new residence, the City will make arrangements during a time when you or a representative can be present.

Transfer of Service Form

Moving away from Valley Center?

Please contact the Utility Clerk at (316) 755-7310 and provide the following information: 
  • Your name and the address of your soon-to-be former residence
  • Your forwarding address for the Final Water and Sewer Utility Bill
  • The date at which you want the water and sewer service taken out of your name
  • A phone number where we can reach you if we have further questions

  • What's on your bill?

    ​Water Fee

    The water portion of your bill is comprised of two portions, the Water Base Charge or WBC and your water consumption.  The WBC  for a 3/4" meter is $30.00and water consumption is $5.00 per thousand gallons used until you reach your Average Winter Consumption or AWC.  Your AWC is figured from December-March each year or during the first three full months of new service. The minimum monthly AWC for any meter size one inch or less shall be 6,000 gallons.  Once you've used more than your AWC,  you will be charged as follows. 

    Tier 2: 111%-310% of AWC= $18.15/thousand gallons and Tier 3: 311% and above of AWC =$27.11/thousand gallons 

    For example, if your AWC is 10,000 gallons, you will not pay the higher rates until you use over 10,000 gallons of water in a month.

    This following example is for a 3/4" meter with an AWC of 10,000 gallons





    Excess@ $18.15

    Excess@ $27.11



    10,000 gal.





    12,000 gal.






    35,000 gal.







    Sewer Fee

    The sewer portion of your bill is comprised of two charges, the minimum monthly charge of $27.07 and a user charge rate of $4.80 per thousand gallons of water.  For residential contributors, monthly user charges will be based on the average monthly water usage from January-March or the first three full months of new service.  Since the minimum usage of the City is 6,000 gallons of water per month, you will be charged $56.55 on your first three months bills until your average is established.

    Water Protection Fee

    The Water Protection Fee is paid to the State of Kansas by city water departments, rural water districts and any other public water suppliers. The Water Protection Fee is 3.2 cents ($0.032) per 1,000 gallons of water sold at retail through mains, pipes, or lines. K.S.A. 82a-954

    Stormwater Utility Fee

    The City of Valley Center initiated a Stormwater Utility Fee for all Valley Center residents in April 2009. This fee was implemented for residents with and without City water and sewer services. This fee is $8.12 per month.  For more information regarding the Storm Water Utility please contact the Utility Clerk at (316) 755-7310. 

    Trash Utility Fee

    The City of Valley Center initiated a Solid Waste City-wide Utility for all Valley Center residents in January 2011. This service was implemented for city residents to save them money, save wear and tear on city streets, and to facilitate recycling throughout.  The monthly charge for this service is $16.04.



    Fill out the form below and turn it into City Hall by 5:00 P.M. on the 5th of the month to avoid shut off due to non-payment.  If the 5th of the month falls on a weekend, the form must be turned in on the Friday before by 5:00 P.M.  This will allow you until the 15th of the month to pay your past due bill.

    Utility Payment Extension 

    For Questions regarding your City Utilities, please call (316) 755-7310.