Finance and Administration Department
To provide excellent public service to our citizens and businesses; continuing to increase quality of service to our community through education, information, and technology.
The Office of Finance and Administration Department exists to uphold the public trust, protect local democracy, and provide access to matters of public interest diversely and inclusively.
- Supervises City Hall Administrative Staff.
- Secretary for the Governing Body - maintains a true and accurate record of its proceedings, of its official acts, and processes all paperwork for execution and filing; administers city oaths.
- Maintains and preserves the Corporate Seal for the City of Valley Center.
- Maintains and facilitates information regarding special property assessments, tax levies, voting, elections, city permits and licenses not associated with Community and Economic Development.
- Assists with the issuing of Community Development permits in the absence of the Community Development Director.
- Office of Human Resources for city employees.
- Maintains city deeds, bonds, temporary notes, and insurance for the city.
- Administrator for the Valley Center Cemetery.
- Performs other duties as prescribed by local ordinance and resolutions as well as County, State, and Federal statutes.
- Manages and prepares the budget for the City Clerk's office.
- Monitors city assets, capital project finances, along with city revenues and expenditures.
- The City Clerk's Office performs the duties for Accounts Payable and Receivable, and Payroll functions for City.
- Prepares city financials for the annual independent audit.